Hadley's princess canopy is done! I have worked super hard this weekend and couldn't be happier with the end product!
I don't have step by step instructions, but what I did was really simple. I went to Hobby Lobby and found this (pic below). It's in the spring section. I think it's supposed to be a window box? To me, it looked like a crown and that's EXACTLY what I was looking for.
I had originally planned on spray painting it solid white but once I got it in her room, I liked it so I left it alone. I traced a piece of cardboard to fit the bottom of it. I used the cardboard her dresser came in, so that was free!
After I traced the cardboard, I cut it out. It fit perfect UNDER the bottom of the planter. I bought the pink silk fabric from JoAnn. It was on sale for $3.99 per yard and I had a coupon for $5 off the purchase of $25 or more. After tax, I ended up spending $21 on 7 yards of the fabric. I wasn't exactly sure how much I needed. I still have over a yard left.
I recently bought a serger. This was my first project with it! I serged all the raw edges of the fabric. Then I stapled the fabric to the cardboard. I used twist ties to hold the cardboard to the underside of the planter. That's it! Then I hung it and now her canopy is complete!!!
Total project was around $35!